Friday, April 3, 2009

My daddy's birthday

April Fool's Day was my daddy's birthday this year. You are probably wondering why I phrase it that way. Just like the date for Chinese New Year, my parents' birthdays change every year too. This is because these events and many other important Chinese cultural celebrations depend on the traditional Chinese calendar for the date. If you remember, Chinese New Year was in January this year but it was in February last year. Yeah, this is all so confusing. Since I am still trying to learn the calendar, I have been missing my parents' birthdays almost every year. Mame Babee, I am sooo sorry! To make up for my stupidity and ignorance this year, I made an e-card for my dad.

Here's the story: My daddy used to eat the Chinese coconut cream bun quite regularly. Then ... his evil blood test with a BIG red stamp saying "HIGH CHOLESTEROL" came and took all his favorite fatty creamy foods away from his diet. So sad! Well, in addition to another piggy card I mailed to him, I made him an e-card with his favorite bao.  

Web
It was after I showed the card to my daddy that what I did was actually pretty cruel because now he can only look and not eat his favorite coconut cream bun. So sad!

No comments: